Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dangerous Prayer, part deux

Sure, I'm up for an adventure. :-)

Good thing, since that seems to be what happens when I say a prayer that actually seems to be genuinely in line with God's will, rather than the selfish dithering or silence that have occupied my prayers of late. I'm pretty selfish and near-sighted apart from Jesus.

Almost a month ago, I asked God to help me be more at home with ambiguity, uncertainty, the unexpected. After all, that's the reality that most of the world faces on a daily basis.

He's been answering that prayer in some amusing ways... and I'm pretty sure that the fact that I was even aware enough to pray that prayer in the first place would be an answer to the original dangerous prayer post here. (By the way, he's been answering that one like crazy in other ways too.)

So now I find myself listening again - about my community, about my neighbors, about my marriage, about my calling, about my posture in life.

No comments: