Monday, March 20, 2006

riptides in the dead sea?

So a Monday morning finds me at home. Honestly, I would've rather been tough about it and gone in to work, but something tells me I need to go ahead and sit today out. I feel exhausted, disconnected, a little ashamed, and on top of all this, sitting on the edge of sick & well.

So what to do with the day?

Need to rest. Need to talk with Jesus. I feel like I've been swept away over the past couple of weeks, drawn into other things that deceptively offer peace & rest & healing but in fact bring death, and I haven't fought the current. Like a riptide, perhaps, except that I didn't realize the distance until I became too worn out to do anything about it. Looks like my desert met the ocean and I couldn't tell the difference. :-p

I think I'm gonna troop back upstairs for some quiet before I head off to G-vegas to get my car doctored.

No comments: