(By the way, that's a really funny looking word. Fonder.)
Actually, it doesn't. Just for the record.
I mean, my fingers miss Facebook... every time I open my browser I start down the familiar path of check email, check Facebook, check blog-reader, check news (yes... in that order, it's sad, i know) & I come to a screetching halt on the second step.
But the rest of me has been breathing a great big sigh of relief and diving into the rest of life.
In lieu of Facebook & far too many hours of internet-based procrastination:
- I've begun to deal with some skunkiness in my own heart that I would've put off at least until Thanksgiving & possibly Christmas
- I've finished and sent off a paper two days before it was due
- I've done some much needed apartment cleaning
- I've been considering painting projects again (and actually done a little one!)
- I've gotten to work more on my sister's baby blanket
...and I've gotten up the courage to talk to God again (at least once)
These, my friends, are very good things.