Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am...

- not the great I AM.
- very thankful for my friends.

Grad school has been kicking my tail this semester - and moreso than I expected! God seems to be forever teaching me about community, and no less now in the middle of crazy papers and looming midterms.

He has kept me going in a multitude of ways, not limited to...
- random provision of chocolate (yes, i love chocolate now)
- an unexpected gift of coffee
- a much-needed dose of perspective from my dear friend, Becca
- the patient, listening (and cooking) heart of Rosie
- the grace and commiseration of my husband
- permission to take a little time to take care of myself by going for a run

I have a hard time receiving these gifts... I'd rather give them... but it seems God wants me to learn to simply be and listen and revel in the caring hearts and hands of my family and friends.

So, to everyone, and to Jesus most of all: thank you.

1 comment:

Meadowlark Days said...

May blessings and chocolate come your way today!