Monday, August 13, 2007

Fiddling around.

I *hate* it when I can't sleep. :-\ I would much rather wake up early tomorrow morning and be productive then, but noooooo... I'm wide awake. :-) :-p

I've been on a bit of a plateau on learning to play / enjoying the fiddle. I think it had something to do with being out of town so much and afraid to practice around people, but whatever the reason, I think I'm over it now. (Off it? What do you do at the end of a plateau? Jump? No, that would imply going downward. I thought a plateau ended in a dropoff... but this one ends in an up! I'm starting to think that plateau might be the wrong terminology for fiddling and running... or perhaps I'm just too tired to think straight about it.) I thoroughly enjoyed my lesson this afternoon and pretty much promptly came home & practiced... and then put it away... and then couldn't resist pulling the fiddle out again later on to play along with Jeromie (on his mandolin)!

Now that I'm trying to SLEEP, all I hear in my head is fiddle music.




On the bright side, at least it's not banjo music. ;-) Then I'd have to paddle faster.

1 comment:

Aisyrn said...

I can think of worse things to fall asleep to than fiddling.

Glad you found a cool jorb. :)